Saturday, February 19, 2011

Theme for 2011..... SIMPLIFY!

I had the great fortune to meet a fellow artist and blogger at a fundraiser for our local Humane Society this past December (2010).  Lisa later posted on her blog about choosing a word to 'define' 2011.  After much thinking (Ow! My head hurts! ;-) ), I have decided that my theme for this year would be to Simplify!

I am on day 3 of a 3 day weekend (back to the muggle job tomorrow.... boo!).  If you were able to glance my 'to do' list for these last 3 days, you would see 'clean out the mudroom closet'.  Well, that didn't get done :-P
What did get done (and I'm not entirely certain how I got started), was that I have cleaned and sorted out nearly all of my kitchen cabinets!  I have taken quite a load to the Goodwill and I have quite a stack of 'stuff' that I want to get listed on Ebay.  In addition, my mums got inspired by watching me clean out the cupboards and grabbed a rag and some dish soap and tackled cleaning the cupboards (especially on top where all the dust and grease collects - gross! Not to mention, I allergic to dust so I cannot really help her with the cleaning *sigh*)

It's only February and we have quite a start on our spring cleaning!  And I'm feeling lighter by de-stashing my cabinets!

Have a wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment